Friday, November 22, 2013

Soaking It All In (Even On Rainy Days)

When I tell most folks back home in Florida that I've moved to Seattle, they ALWAYS say something like, "Doesn't it rain a lot there?". I usually reply with, "not as much as in Florida". Even though these folks often have never visited the Pacific Northwest, they sometimes think they know better. The truth, according to climate statistics I gleaned from weather.com, is that there are more rainy days and hours than Florida, but Florida dumps almost twice the participation on the state in certain towns (like my home of Crestview).



I try my best not to let the rainy days spoil my enjoyment of my neighborhood, Phinney Ridge. Even when it's rainy outside, I can't help but enjoy walking to my favorite cafe, Cafe Vita, and letting that sweet, sweet java assuage my drenched soul. After I'm done there, I pop over to Ken's Market across the street to get my groceries for the evening.



On occasion, I like hang out with my buddies at the pub and kick back with a pint of the German stuff. Pröst has never failed in delivering such an order, and it too is withen a block of Cafe Vita and Ken's. My girlfriend and I even enjoy the local pizza joint, Ridge, named after our neighborhood. It's adjacent to Ken's Market.



While I may not live right by all these great spots in my neighborhood, and I actually have to walk a little under 10 minutes to get up the ridge to them, almost everything I need for daily life is right around my geographical niche. Even when it's rainy, I put on my windbreaker and find the gumption to get out it the world! A little Vitamin D3 never hurt anything either.

-Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment