Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Neighborhood Hopping, Seattle Style

I am a neighborhood hopper.  I live, work, and go to school in Queen Anne, like to eat at restaurants all over the city, and go out mostly in Downtown or Ballard.  On the occasional day, I’ll find myself venturing to Fremont or Capitol Hill for entertainment or even to Green Lake in an attempt to stay in shape by running around the lake.  I love that, even without a car, I am so close to an abundance of neighborhoods that offer a wide variety of things to do and eat.  I am never bored.

Queen Anne is over to the left, kind of in the middle. See how close it is to everything?
A typical week begins and ends with grocery shopping.  Because I spend the majority of my day either at work or school, I try to get my weekly cooking done over the weekends.  For this, I head to my friendly neighborhood Whole Foods or to Fred Meyer (if I’m lucky enough to convince someone to take me shopping).  I’ve been working on remembering my reuseable bags and can finally admit that walking to and from the store isn’t the chore I once thought it was.  City Girl 1 – Paper Bags 0.



My FAVORITE breakfast spot, Skillet Diner, just opened a second location in Ballard, so I've been spending a lot of my weekend time waiting in line to feast on the Little Rob!  






For you Seattleites who don’t know what that is, do yourself a favor and order one for Sunday brunch.  Ask for the breakfast potatoes instead of the side salad.  You can thank me later. 






Most of my weekdays are spent over near the Seattle Pacific University campus in North Queen Anne.  I work out at Stoneway Crossfit right off of campus and get my caffeine fix at Tully’s.  I'm going to Thailand in a few short months and love having this gym close to home so I can voluntarily get my butt kicked as often as I want.  Now that it’s getting a lot colder, I find it harder to make it to Crossfit and easier to make it to Tully’s for a steaming hot Americano and a pastry.  I'm sure I was meant to live in Paris with that attitude.  I guess that’s the next challenge for me to face!   


This week is Thanksgiving, which means family, food, wine, and...Apple Cup!  I'll be spending the holiday on Bainbridge Island and venturing over to Husky Stadium on Black Friday to watch my beloved Cougs defend their title.  Who really wants to shop on Black Friday when Washington rivalry football is happening anyway?

Butch says it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment